Aqualink RS not maintaining spa temperature

May 12, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Good evening,
Yet again tonight I had my spa heat to the preset temp of 99 degrees and after it does heat up which takes about 45 minutes, the motor turns off, the red light of the aqualink panel turns green (versus red while it is heating). To this point I believe this is all normal.
The problem is that it just never turns back on, and obviously not maintaining the temp setting.
The light on the panel stays green and the display says spa heat enabled. But that's it, it just does not turn back on by itself.
However, I can scroll thru the controls to the one touch option and choose spa mode and it in fact will fire the heater and motor back up and will heat up to the preset temp, obviously taking a much shorter time frame cause it's fairly warm already, but the same thing happens again in that it will not cycle on and off to maintain the preset temp.
Help, thoughts?
Thank you, Dave

So both the motor and the heater shut off and don't come back on? I've had situations where the heater wouldn't come back on, but the motor always stayed running once I've put it in "spa mode".

Is spa heat "enabled" all the time (even when not running spa mode)? That's the way mine is set.

Something sounds fishy with the Aqualink controller. If both spa and motor are turning off, obviously Aqualink thinks it has completed it's job, or it's got a SW glitch. Have you tried power cycling Aqualink?

Yes, once the spa reaches the preset temp they both shutoff and do not come back on.
ntxpool said:
So both the motor and the heater shut off and don't come back on? I've had situations where the heater wouldn't come back on, but the motor always stayed running once I've put it in "spa mode".

No my spa is not enabled all the time, it goes to enable when the the selection to in the one touch spa mode is selected.
Is spa heat "enabled" all the time (even when not running spa mode)? That's the way mine is set.

I have not tried to nor do I know how to power cycle the the aqua link.
Something sounds fishy with the Aqualink controller. If both spa and motor are turning off, obviously Aqualink thinks it has completed it's job, or it's got a SW glitch. Have you tried power cycling Aqualink?

More info;
Each time this happened I have lnot ooked at the heater itself as I was barefoot, it was night, and I just got out of the warm water.
But just now I reactivated the spa via the aqualink and went and sat in front of the heater and watched the digital display (Pentair minimax NT) cycle thru many codes from E2 thru E9 and could be still counting higher but I came inside to type this reply.
Worthy of mentioning and just like the last time the pump is running and the heater is heating and outside of all the codes cycling, it appears to be working normally.

dave300 said:
Good evening,
Yet again tonight I had my spa heat to the preset temp of 99 degrees and after it does heat up which takes about 45 minutes, the motor turns off, the red light of the aqualink panel turns green (versus red while it is heating). To this point I believe this is all normal.
The problem is that it just never turns back on, and obviously not maintaining the temp setting.
The light on the panel stays green and the display says spa heat enabled. But that's it, it just does not turn back on by itself.
However, I can scroll thru the controls to the one touch option and choose spa mode and it in fact will fire the heater and motor back up and will heat up to the preset temp, obviously taking a much shorter time frame cause it's fairly warm already, but the same thing happens again in that it will not cycle on and off to maintain the preset temp.
Help, thoughts?
Thank you, Dave

Which model heater? Do you know if it's wired through the firemans switch or 4-pin? Do you have the pump on continuously, or do you have this set through the maintain temperature feature on the Aqualink RS? If you have it on maintain temp, how often do you have the RS system checking the temperature?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.