Mar 31, 2013
TN
ph 7.6
FC 18
CC 3
TA 70
CH 240
CYA 50

thinking i need to lower SWG but it is on 60% and i can't seem to get it to go down by pressing the lower button, it will flash if i hold it in and go to 40 but right back to 60 a minute later

do i need to something else?

That test is not accurate enough to say what the FC and CC's are. I'm taking it as those were just guesses on your part.

We can't say for sure if you need to SLAM or not. Accurate test results is what we need to know. Just guessing, I would leave the chlorine high for now and close it when it is cold enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The TF-100 has 2 different tests for chlorine. One is the OTO test which uses drops to turn the water different shades of yellow to determine chlorine level. The other is the FAS-DPD test where you use a powder to turn the water pink, and then you count drops to determine the chlorine level. Which did you use to test FC? Which for CC?

I always do all test in the kit and record them. The one with the ph test,OTO, kit usually shows up light yellow and I match it to the appropriate number, the other is with the powder and that one I consider more accurate as it doesn't make me guess the color, that is where I got the FC of 18 and CC of 3.

Is this the correct way?

gobblerhuntr said:
I always do all test in the kit and record them. The one with the ph test,OTO, kit usually shows up light yellow and I match it to the appropriate number, the other is with the powder and that one I consider more accurate as it doesn't make me guess the color, that is where I got the FC of 18 and CC of 3.

Is this the correct way?
Yes. The 3 ppm of CC is telling you need to continue/do the SLAM process either now or in the spring.

3 ppm CC seems somewhat high unless there is a reason. If the pool has had high use, then that could explain the high CC level. If the chlorine went to zero, then it's possible that bacteria converted some CYA to ammonia. However, that's pretty rare.

If either of these things didn't happen, then I would suspect test error.

Either way, I think that I would Slam now to resolve the issue, and not leave it for later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.