Odd Intellichlor behavior.

bigdav160

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Klein Tejas
After several months of trouble free care the red low salt warning came on my SWG

Like a foolish beginner I added a bag of salt. It had to use some over the summer, right? Still the light is on.

So I check the panel, 2000 ppm, Very Low Salt. Strange. So I pull out the aquachek strips from my TF100 test kit and the test results said 6500 ppm :shock: :hammer:

I clean the SWG (although it looked great inside) and replace some of the water. For the next three weeks I decide to just use liquid chemicals when suddenly the SWG goes green. Life is good again! :whoot:

Two weeks later it's back to red. :rant:

Last week, I ordered and installed a new flow switch/sensor with the same results. Red light - low salt warning is on. The display reads 2300 ppm and the test strips say 5400 ppm.

I thought since the SWG reports to the intelliph that perhaps there is a problem with that device but I get the same results when I plug the SWG into the Easytouch.

Any ideas what to check next? I do not want to throw a $500 guess at the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.