Shooting gunite tomorrow!

HudsonViews

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2013
Ocean County NJ
Had to hold off today due to rain in NJ, hopefully shooting gunite tomorrow! Does the new gunite need to be watered down each day to help cure? I Was told it is important if temperature is hot. We are now in the 40's - 60's. Thanks for the advice :-D

HudsonViews said:
Had to hold off today due to rain in NJ, hopefully shooting gunite tomorrow! Does the new gunite need to be watered down each day to help cure? I Was told it is important if temperature is hot. We are now in the 40's - 60's. Thanks for the advice :-D
My understanding is that the water helps the gunite to cure through a chemical reaction and although more important in hotter weather, is still important even in cooler weather.

Our pool was shot on a day it got up to 27. It was in the 30's in the days following. Our PB told us not to bother watering. I didn't bother. With moderate temps, knowing it can't hurt, why not do it when you can? Below freezing the night they did the coping too. No problems so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.