Anyone have experience with Platinum Pools?

We had them come out to our house to design a pool and then we went to the design center on the west side of Houston to pick our design. The salesman we had was great at the beginning, but once we would not sign a contract at the design center (we had a few questions about what we could do with equipment location that the salesman said he would verify and get back to us and we wanted to wait for that) I feel that he wrote us off and moved on to other customers. He never did get back to us, even with me calling and emailing him.

We ended up going with Grand Isle Custom Pools and could not be happier. I can give you the name and number if you are intersted - send me a PM.

Thanks.

A friend of a friend had a pool built by Platinum and ended up very upset when the pool was not level. I have never seen it but from what I hear the water hits the water line tile at the 1" mark at one end and about the 3" mark at the other end. I understand that Platinum wouldn't do anything to solve the problem. Again, this is not my experience just a horror story I heard.

Because of this story I didn't even got a bid from them.

I used Platinum Pools out of Beaumont. I can't speak for the Houston branch, but I can only say GREAT things about the my experience with the Beaumont office. The designer was fantastic, and we were extremely picky and changed the design multiple times. Also, had him change to pool size and concrete decking several times for price adjustment to see what was the best bang for our buck. We got a discount for Labor Day sale which saved us quite a lot of money. However, three of the most notable things that happened for me that makes them stand out is this.

1). Our pool is close to our house. The pool was completely rebared and ready for grout when a huge storm came and filled the pool with water. Water from the roof of my house drained directly into the pool. The walls of the pool collapsed and the rebar had to be removed and replaced. Alot of the pool had to be re-dug, due to the collapsed walls. There was no extra charge to me for this extra work. The other thing that was impressive was where the wall had caved in was right next to my patio slab, almost to the point to where it was under the slab. When the gunite guys came out they put boards up in this area to block the gunite and told me that would be backfilled with sand. I said BS, that I did not want my slab to crack and all that area would be backfilled with gunite. As soon as the Platinum Pool foreman arrived, he agreed with me and had them backfill this area with gunite. It was alot of extra gunite too. Once again, no extra charge for me. Pictures of all this should be on my profile, if not send me a request & I'll re-post them.

2). Had a heater issue where it would not control from my remote control. Repair man came out within a couple of days and replaced the entire circuit board in the heater. Under warranty.

3). Either 1.5 or 2 years after install I noticed some grout missing around one of the tiles at the waterline. Called Platinum Pools about it, they sent a grout guy over the next week and had it repaired. Not such a big deal, but the grout guy had to lower the water level to repair the grout. He told my wife that after 3 hours or so it would be cured enough. Well my wife not knowing any better after three hours turned the pump back on, but the water level was to low for the skimmers. Thus, the pump ran and got hot for several hours. Got home and all the piping around the pump was leaking. Called PP and they sent a repair tech out to fix the piping and check out the pump. He had to install unions in the piping & reseal several areas. Called to give me the bill & I replied that this never would have happened if I had not had the grout issue. He called the General Manager and then phoned me back and said No Charge!!

Also, a friend of mine used PP and had a great experience (also Beaumont). Thus, I will highly recommend the Beaumont branch and can only assume that Houston must be similar as it is the same owner. They may be a little more expensive then some, but if you have a problem they are there to fix it, (at least from my experience). Hope all works out for you.

It's been two years since your post about Grand Aisle. Are you guys still pleased? We are interviewing PB's now.

Thanks

We had quite the experience with this company. Awesome pre sales terrible post sales. Terrible as in super fired, tile miss ordered three times, jack hammered spa. We thought we were done till we used our spa. The jets were in the seat.

I will say I believe this company was good till they bought A&S pools construction so they could have in-house work.

120 day build. Could have went worse Ive seen cracked pools bad plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.