pool light

Nov 6, 2013
Hi Ya'll. I just bought a new home with an inground gunite kidney shaped pool. The light bulb is out so i ordered a new bulb. I've drained the pool to just below the light. i removed the one screw on the outter ring, but the ring will not remove. On one side the gunite looks to be halfway up the outter ring. I have no idea how to address this. PLEASE HELP !!

The whole light assembly should be removable once the screw is removed. The light assembly is a sealed unit with the bulb inside. The assembly comes out on a cord that should reach the deck. Do you know what model the light is?

one side of the outter facing looks to be sitting on top of the gunite while the other side is inset deeper into the gunite, so the gunite on that side is up onto the ring itself. About halfway up the sideway of the outter ring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gunite is the concrete wall. What you see is plaster, which is the waterproof coating. The plaster is usually about 1/2" thick. I would cut it with a diamond blade concrete saw. You can get a diamond tile blade at any hardware store. You can patch any rough spots with white tile grout.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.