Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: CH

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Clover, SC


    I was wondering where to get calcium chloride to raise the CH without buying calcium hardness increaser from the pool supply. Thanks R.D.
    Roger Dean Helms

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    South Carolina

    Re: CH

    I found some at Lowes last year.

    Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

    ~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

  3. Back To Top    #3
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Silver Spring, MD

    Re: CH

    Calcium chloride is often sold as a deicer. One common brand is DowFlake.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: CH

    Tetra brand calcium chloride (from Tetra chemicals) is listed as suitable for pool and spa use on their website and is sold for deicing and construction. It comes n 50 lb bags and would be another brand to look for.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Re: CH

    I got mine at our local co-op. Don't know if you have one of those.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts