Considering Jandy ePump.....thread sizes?

Jul 7, 2007
Allen, Texas
I currently have a Jandy 2.5hp Stealth pump. I've always thought that it is probably oversized for my system (16k pool, equipment pad is about 15 feet from the edge, with a ~3 foot drop to the water's surface, and the total depth is 5.5 feet).

I'm considering the Jandy 2hp ePump, to get some savings. I just installed the latest iAqualink controller, so no problems integrating the new ePump.

However: I've seen a few comments where people had problems with the thread sizes between their old pump and the new one. I really really want to avoid any plumbing changes. The pool builder left very little slack between all the connections. To change the pump mounts would require a ton of re-plumbing work on my part.

How can I verify the thread sizes? I haven't found any good info yet.

Thanks, Mike

Thanks Jason....yeah, I found the install manuals and other stuff right after I posted. However, none of the spec sheets get into the thread pitch spec, which is key. Jandy did that switcharoo on the Aquapure salt cells also...required me to replumb for the latest cell. Really silly.

Yes, the wet end of the Stealth pump is the same as the wet end of the ePump (it even calls it the "Stealth wet end"). However, I haven't been able to locate the pump and controller together as a kit, but I'll keep looking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.