DE Manifold cracked

IronKneebone

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2013
Apple Valley, CA.
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I would be remiss if I didn't give a huge "Thank You" for all that this site and its members have done for me. We bought our first "Pool" home last June, and as you could probably expect, have had lots of questions. I have searched and read hundreds of TFP posts that have had my questions, and have already been answered. This place is awesome.

Now to my question. While doing some maintenance and cleaning my filter grid on our Hayward 6020 I cracked the top manifold upon re-installation of the grid. The manifold cracked at the tube where the upper manifold meets the PVC outlet pipe with o-ring. I believe that Leslies gave me the wrong o-ring this summer, but that is water under the bridge and I will get a new o-ring when I get my new manifold.

It's going to take a few days to get another manifold, Can I put it back together with a cracked manifold since it's on an outlet. Add DE and replace the manifold assembly on the next service?
Or would there be some sort of problem running the system this way/

Thanks
-greg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Running it as is could allow the DE to bypass the grids and get sprayed around the pool. I would suggest just running in Recirculate mode until you are able to fix the filter.

Or maybe try to epoxy the crack closed temporarily until the new parts arrive.

jblizzle said:
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Running it as is could allow the DE to bypass the grids and get sprayed around the pool. I would suggest just running in Recirculate mode until you are able to fix the filter.

Or maybe try to epoxy the crack closed temporarily until the new parts arrive.

Thanks for the suggestions jblizzle. Made sense...So installed the new manifold yesterday. 50 bucks at Amazon... Pool water became super cloudy in those 3 days, sure is apparent how important it is to run the pump/filter daily.

Generally cloudy water is due to lack of chlorine.

My pool went for 3 weeks without a pump in the summer and stayed clear ... just by maintaining the FC. It was dirty on the bottom, but not cloudy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.