All covered up, Sargent, Texas (pics)

Jan 31, 2013
It was painful but we got her all covered up now.

I used 4 huge tractor tire tubes I bought on Ebay, I think they will have no problem holding air all winter. There is a rope that strings them all together spaced evenly down the center line of the pool (attaches to a recessed tie down on the deck end and the stake I put in the ground on the other end)

I have the top tied down to the deck using my recessed tie downs and then used the cable that came with the tarp and some 1 gallon bleach jugs filled with water hung from the sides to hold it down on the other side. Below is a picture of the recessed tie downs some of you have asked me about (its shown in the picture with the SS carabiners which I used all summer for the leaf guard because its easer to get on and off but for the winter cover I did away with the carabiners for a tighter fit.

Since the water temp is still around 78-80...I am still running the pool pump 5 hours a day with my liquidator running on 2 1/4. My retired neighbor has been gracious enough to walk over to the liquidator and pour bleach in once a week since we may not be back down until January :cry:

You can right click and open up in a new tab for larger images.

10674751466_de9ea6a320_k.jpg

10674748656_96d8661132_k.jpg

9723096805_834c0d8743_b.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.