Chlorine switch

Mar 15, 2011
I curently have an Aqua Rite SWG and have had to deal with an issue about every year with it.

I am considering eliminating the SWG and switching to a chlorine tablet metering system instead. This has also been the advise of my Pool Man who has done some work for me in the past. What are your thoughts? Pro & Cons?

It would help to know what the issue is that you have to deal with. It's highly possible that we may be able to help reduce or eliminate it completely.

Switching to tablets has it's own problems, as Dave mentioned above. Most people have a lot more problems with tablets that they do with swg's.

You'll most likely have to drain a significant amount of water every year to keep the CYA to a manageable level and if you don't keep it under control you'll have algae to fight.

I would either figure out what the problem with the swg is or switch to liquid chlorine, either manually dosed or injected by a pump.

I have had the unit since 2008 and have had to replace the T cell once and the circuit board twice.

Now the power aand generate lights are out again but I have readout of the display with no amps.

I am just frustrated with having to put so much money into my system so often!!!

If you want to try and save it (and yourself some money) read the Aquarite Not Generating thread. You can probably replace the current limiter and get it back running.

If you want to switch methods of chlorination I suggest you look at an injection pump and drum.

P.S. If you do decide to get rid of it, I'd like to have it for research purposes. PM me if you want to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.