Suction side leak, what to do??

My brain racked much the same way with leaks in my pool. For 2 years! Wish I let the guy pressure test at the beginning of last season since capping off my shallow end return showed it was my source of water loss for 2 years. Of course, once I had that solved I started to lose water again so I thought I was wrong until I found a stubborn bit of dirt while vacuuming one day and found a small slit in the liner. Once that was patched I had no water loss, until another slit appeared close to it, and that patched easily as well. Both were at a spot where the dog fell in in spring (with me there to pull her out) but her claws did the damage.

Now we're busy patching the corners as 2 years of slight floating have not been good to the liners, especially the corners. 14 year old liner doesn't stretch like new liner and prefers to tear instead. :roll: Time for new liner / repair the shallow end return / replace some concrete and coping either this fall or next spring. Probably could have made the liner last a few more years if we'd dealt with the leak sooner. Lesson learnt!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.