New in Poway, CA - San Diego

oratzes

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 3, 2013
Hi there!

Long time forum user for many things and hobbies (mainly motorcycles), first time around here.

Just moved with the family to Poway, CA in San Diego. Bought a house that has a decent size in ground pool with spa and safety cover (~32000 gallons) but needed a complete overhaul as the plaster was damaged by chemicals and the safety cover was broken.

So off we went and got with a local company that the pool inspector recommended.

Decided on new pool equipment (Intelliflow), control (Intellitouch), new cover, redid the equipment piping and GemStone Black Opal with new tiles and some inlays along the steps.

Was all supposed to be done in 2 weeks. That was 6 weeks ago.

Last week I come home after work to see the newly plastered pool and found a completely different color that what we ordered. Yeah, big screwup by the pool company. They apologized and are redoing the pool. More demolition, more dirt, more damages, ....

As you can imagine we are very disappointed and annoyed that a local well respected company ends up making such a basic mistake.

Given that they have to redo everything I have a question about the return jets - for which I will post a separate thread (jets-which-ones-to-get-for-a-remodel-t71471.html).

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hope to be welcome here.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Oliver