Deciding which to adjust first?

You can adjust one, and 30 minutes later adjust the other. I'd start with chlorine.

What are your full test results, and what are you targeting for FC and pH?

FC 1.5
Ph 7.8 or more ??
Ta 90
Cya 30

I was gonna shoot for 4ppm fc, and to be honest I'm a little confused on what to set the Ph at. My test on the Taylor k2006 read 7.8 but that being the highest available reading I wasn't sure if it was actually higher than that. Any opinions on what ph I should shoot for? Also any opinions on my other numbers I posted are appreciated as I am definitely new to this. My pool is 30000 gallons if that even matters.

Thanks

I wouldn't do anything about the pH of 7.8 unless you have an SWG running or a water feature like a bubbler, fountain, or some sort of waterfall. Those all cause the pH to drift up. But if you have one (or more) of those, or if you think it might actually be higher than 7.8, you could nudge it down. Your other numbers look fine except for FC, which you know you need to raise.

Did you measure CH?

It would help us if you put this information in your sig: pool-school/read_before_you_post. Location and pool surface type matter for some of the recommended chemical balance levels.

raidencmc said:
I know the more informed then me people say it doesn't matter. But for peace of mind I wonder if you can dilute you sample with half tap water to get an accurate reading on the pH?
No you can not. The pH does not work that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.