Rasberry crazy ants

Jun 10, 2012
Labelle, TX
Well I have seen it on the news but this is my first experience with these little critters. I had a GFCI that would not reset by my pad the other day. We had a lot of rain the last couple of days so I have been putting troubleshooting off. Well today I noticed the breaker tripped. Instant fault when it was reset. I pulled the GFCI and could smell that it was burnt. New GFCI and a reset and all is good. My OCD and curious side kicked in and this is what I found.

I am in pest control in the north east. We use a material that contains Fipronil as the active ingredient. It is the best. They sell it in many different forms(gels, granules, bait stations, and concentrates). Many of the products are not labeled for your type of ant but in 2008 the FDA approved it for use on Rasberry crazy ants. PROPERLY AND CAREFULLY applied gels would work well inside devices. What I like to do is lay a concrete block in the area, and come back in a few days. When you lift the block you usually see tons of ants. You can apply the material to there. If you are using a spray you don't want to drown them. They need to live so they can take the material back to the colony.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.