Need advice about a winterized pool with sinking water level

Nov 1, 2013
Two weeks ago, I noticed that my above ground pool cover on my 21 foot round pool appears to be sinking in the middle. Today I noticed that the cover is so tight at this point that it is about to rip. I am assuming I must have a leak in the pool. I cant look inside the pool without removing the cover however, based on where the center of the cover sits, it looks like there is about 2 feet of water that remains. I am concerned that when it snows or rains, either the cover will rip or perhaps the walls will collapse. What should I do? Should I remove the cover for the winter? Its too cold to add water and I certainly cant go inside the pool at this point to look for a leak. Please help.

Re: Need advice about a winterized pool with sinking water l

Welcome to TFP!

You need to release cover anchors right away to protect your pool. Is there water on top of the cover?

Thank you for the response. Yes there is some water on the top which is making the cover very tight. Should I let the cover go into the pool or should I completely remove it? What should I do for the rest of the winter?

With an above ground pool, water on top of the cover can cause water in the pool to flow out the skimmer. Is there enough water on the cover for that to be happening?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.