Poor suction on IG cleaning system

chris fox

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 3, 2013
Phoenix area
My cleaning system is on its own dedicated pump. But the main drain a two opposing jets facing the drain are on the filter pump. It's a PCC2000 system. I noticed the main drain not having much suction, some but not like I noticed before. I also noticed the debris catch/canister on the deck lid not having much turbulence pulling water in. The lid is held on tight due to suction but can see some trickling of water behind the dome. I also don't get any debris in the debris net, just a few small pieces.

I was told by pool service after blowing the line that the Jandy valves were sucking air, I had lids and O rings replaced thinking this was the solution. But tonight I noticed no change at the debris canister, same suction but no massive water flow in.

Ideas before I gave the pool guy back out. I am not in the mood to pay for troubleshooting and buying unnecessary parts.

Thanks in advance.

You can check that any exposed pipe joints are not pulling in air on the suction side by slowly drizzling water over each pipe joint. Watch if the water is being pulled into the joint. If the dedicated pump has a strainer basket make sure it is clean.

As far as I know, all the suction leads into the pump are sealed, atleast that's what the pool service guy said yesterday. Only that Jandy valves and o-rings needed to be replaced, in which I did notice some drips of water a while back.
I do have a drip leak on PVC line at the pressure side just above the pump. This shouldn't be an issue.
All baskets are clean. and lids are in decent shape, in fact, the filter pump has a new bubble and o ring as of 2 weeks ago!

My only thought is the liens weren't blown out well enough, for all I know a toy could be stuck at an elbow. Or he might not have blown the lines between the equipment and the deck canister basket?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.