using a taylor k-2006 for bromine

Edit: strikethough the mistake, correction in red

Use it the same as you would testing for chlorine but multiply your result by 2.25. For example, using the 10 ml sample size, [s:35t236q9]instead of multiply your result by 10, you would multiply by 22.5[/s:35t236q9] if you got a result for FC of 10 ppm, then bromine would be 22.5 ppm. An example: (20 drops/2)*2.25= 22.5 ppm Free Bromine.

For my Spa - I am using the K-2006 and when I test for the Bromine instead of the test going clear when I add R-0871 it turns brown. my Bromine is extremely high right now because I just started up the spa (over 40 ppm) and added a fresh fill and new bromine and chlorine to shock. Is the brown color normal for this test when you test bromine?

jewing said:
For my Spa - I am using the K-2006 and when I test for the Bromine instead of the test going clear when I add R-0871 it turns brown. my Bromine is extremely high right now because I just started up the spa (over 40 ppm) and added a fresh fill and new bromine and chlorine to shock. Is the brown color normal for this test when you test bromine?
From the extended test kit directions:
3. Using the small spoon shaped end of the dipper, add one heaping dipper, or two level dippers, of R-0870 and swirl to mix. If the sample turns pink for a moment and then turns clear again, or if it turns brown, add another dipper of R-0870. If the sample remains clear the entire time, your FC level is probably zero, however it is best to verify that with an OTO chlorine test, since the FAS-DPD test is prone to the occasional false zero.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.