Killing algea first time

Cpool

Oct 30, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys, new to the forum. I read all the pool school articles and things I should before I joined so I would have some what of a clue before I ask questions. First off I just drained and refilled 80% of my 30000 gallon pool due to a very high cya level. My cya is now down to around 30ppm, but the time not running the filter while filling it back up has left me with a little green water. The water is not extremely green but does he a greenish tint. I'll list my readings below and if you guys could help me decide if I should slam the pool or not that would be great.

Fc-4
Cc-0.4
Ph-7.6-7.8
Cya 30 or below

Tested with taylor k2006

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Was the pool green before your drained?
If you see green at all, then you need to SLAM the pool. Also, you CC > 1 drop so that too indactes a need to SLAM At least your CYA will now make that easier.

Any reason you left off the CH and TA test results?

BTW, use a 10ml sample when doing the FAS-DPD chlorine test and then each drop is 0.5ppm ... that is enough accuracy and hopefully you will have enough reagent to complete the SLAM. May want to consider ordering some refills soon ... this is one reason I recommend the TF-100 over the K-2006.

Welcome to the forum. :wave: just repeating what jblizzle already posted.....if your pool shows green, then it's time to SLAM.

You will have it pretty easy because you so wisely reduced your CYA.....nice work. :goodjob:

Ok, I went back and got another test of everything to make sure I did it correct before I slam. Now that the pool has been circulating for about 20 hrs it looks better, just some greenish tint on the walls in the deep endand maybe a little cloudy. Thanks so much for the help. Here's what I have

Fc-2ppm
Cc-I think .2
Ph-7.8
Ch-20 to 30
Cya- about 30

I'm kinda confused testing cc. When I add the agent it definitely doesn't turn bright pink...instead it is just ever so slightly not clear maybe a little pinkish. Dont know if I'm being too picky on this test or if that's how it normally looks.

Did you again use a 25ml water sample for the FC and CC? Use 10ml or you will run out.

When adding the reagent for the CC, if the water turns any shade of pink, then you have CC. You just do not want to have more than 1 drop needed to clear the sample back up.

Still no TA test.

What is the surface of your pool? CH may be too low if you are not vinyl.

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.