Another pool north of Dallas

Sep 17, 2013
DFW metroplex
Thanks to all of you I'm learning a lot about building and maintaining pools and we are getting close! Would you mind taking a look to see if we are on the right track? Anything we need to change/add/reconsider? I'll try to add a photo.

21x34 in ground salt water pool
Pebble sheen finish
463 sq ft
89 perimeter
2 anti-vortex drains
18x38 bi-level spa - 18 inch height
2.0 hp blower
Fountain line and 2 drains for the spa
Pentair Intelliflow 3050 vs+svrs
Pentair DE Filter
Nature 2 Fusion w/chlorinator
Polaris 280 with.75 hp booster pump cleaner
3 standard lights
Bull nose cast concrete coping
2 in pool benches
Tanning ledge with gusher
3 12-inch stone scupper waterfalls
2 skimmers
Freeze guard
Volleyball sleeves
848 sq ft of decking

Readyforapool said:
Nature 2 Fusion w/chlorinator
Dump this and just go with a straight saltwater chlorine generator (swg). No need for copper in a properly chlorinated pool. It can stain and cause blond hair to turn green.

Readyforapool said:
Pentair DE Filter
Assuming your pool is rectangular and averages 5 ft depth (is this right?), it is a volume of ~26000 gallons. We would recommend a minimum 72 sq. ft. DE filter (I can give you minimums for the other filter types if you want) for your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Having two trees cut down today to make room for the pool - the squirrels in the 'hood are going to be so disappointed that the pecan tree will be gone! It was cheaper for us to have an independent company cut them to about a three foot stump than have the PB do it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,909
Just got a note from Mr.PB - dig should start Tuesday barring any weather issues. Still have some decisions to make, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.
Pebblesheen blue granite vs Wet Edge quartz Barbados
Brushed concrete vs aggregate
Bull nose cast stone vs lueders flagstone with chiseled edges

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,862
We haven't started yet but and some would call me a worry wart, I prefer to referred to as an expert planner! Any recommendations on landscaping around the pool? It's got to withstand the crazy Dallas weather, weeks of 106 in the summer, below freezing in the winter, hail storms, tornados and torrential monsoons! How's that for diverse weather conditions? Plan on doing this ourselves, btw.

Mr. Pool Builder just stopped by to check the site and confirm the dig starts tomorrow morning! I walked around over the weekend and let the neighbors know to expect the noise and apologize in advance for the trucks that will block the alley! Camera is ready! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.