I cant read the coloured test strips

angela

Aug 8, 2007
Surrey England
Does anyone know of an affordable test kit that does not rely on coloured results. I am shade blind which is quite confusing when using the tab tests. What is even more confusing is that the two different tab test strips I have keep telling me the opposite results. One says my ph is too high and the other is saying its too low!
I give up - someone please point me in the direction of a test kit that tells me in numbers or just plain english. Even Japanese would do - I could always translate from the phrase book. The colours dont work for me at all.

angela said:
Does anyone know of an affordable test kit that does not rely on coloured results. I am shade blind which is quite confusing when using the tab tests. What is even more confusing is that the two different tab test strips I have keep telling me the opposite results. One says my ph is too high and the other is saying its too low!
I give up - someone please point me in the direction of a test kit that tells me in numbers or just plain english. Even Japanese would do - I could always translate from the phrase book. The colours dont work for me at all.
You are in the UK, correct? Palintest has drop based test kits over there that are pretty good.
They also have digital readout colorimeters to read the colors that are not that expensive.

angela said:
Waterbear - I found the site and they make several digital read out testers. The cheapest, basic tester is £68 and only has enough in the pack to do four tests!

Is this a good price in comparison to the non digital test kits?
I really can't comment because I don't know what is available in the UK. I know Palintest is and they also make some drop based kits. I don't believe that LaMotte or Taylor are available in the UK but they might be. Hach is another company to check out.
Palintest does make a range of tablet reagent based testers. You want to be able to test FC, TC, (or FC and CC), pH, TA, Cal, and CYA.
I did a google search on swimming pool testing united kingdom and quite a bit came up, btw.

OK I will go have another look and let you know. I just cannot read the colour of the fc on the tabs blue/green is a worst problem then the other colours (or so I am beginning to realise).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.