cya sitting at the bottom of my vinyl pool ...

Jun 22, 2008
... will it harm my vinyl? should i vacuum it up? it has all accumulated as lines in the deep end. the directions said to scatter it over the water surface but now reading posts on this board that might not have been such a good idea. help please.

Yes, vacuum it into your filter and then don't backwash for a few days and it will all disolve into the pool. I would not leave it on the vinyl surface....not sure if it will damage anything but I wouldn't chance it.

I had the same problem. I hang a panty knee high hose from the rope that separates the deep from the shallow. After a couple of days I get in the pool and squish it around and it is mostly dissolved. I leave it a few days more and squish it up and its gone. Tina

Keep it simple. Next time just clean your filter, slowly pour the CYA into the skimmer with the pump running and don't clean the filter for a week. It will get caught in the filter and slowly dissolve. Run the pump 24/7 for the first 24-48 hours. No need fpr socks at all!.

tmm said:
I was told not to pour it in without a sock. When I put it in the skimmer it shot my pressure up so high I didnt like it. Just shows there are many ways to do it, just find one your comfortable with!! Tina
How fast did your pour it in? It should not cause any appreciable pressure increase unless something is not working properly. None of my customers have ever reported a problem from pouring it in the skimmer in either an IG or UG pool. Even customerss with Intex popups with their vastly undersized filters have not had problems. Also, the majority of pool chemical companies tell you to pour it in the skimmer right on the container. You DO want to take out the skimmer basket when you pour it in since you want it to go right into the filter and not sit in the skimmer basket. Perhaps that was your error?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.