Replacing Polaris 380 - Is Hayward Phantom less maintenance?

Jun 21, 2008
Hola everyone, my Polaris 380, although good has become so expensive, every single small replacement part is expensive. I'm looking at the Hayward Phantom, they tell me it will fit just right into the current intake and the booster pump of course will still work. Any opinions on the Hayward Phantom? Thanks.

Ricardo

If you're tired of paying for the electricity to run 2 pool pumps you can convert you're pressure side line into a vacuum line. Then you can eliminate the booster pump, and use a Baracuda (1 moving part) which will remove dirt and leaves.These work great unless you have an oddly shaped pool.

Our Phantom is on it's third season and It is now on the patio. We replaced it with a Legend. I am still trying to decide if I throw out the phantom or put it on ebay.

The Phantom worked flawlessly the first year and we loved it. Since then we have had to replace too many parts and I have had to rig up my own repairs that I would recommend you stay away from the phantom. Hayward never answered my emails and did not provide any appreciable help. For the price of the phantoom it should last longer than three seasons.

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.