conduit from concrete deck to equipment pad (bonding)

Mar 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
Hi all,

I have all my bonding around the pool in but I'm wondering how to handle the conduit containing the bonding wire from the pool to the equipment pad.
Do I embed the end of the conduit within the concrete and run the bonding wire through it before the concrete is poured?
Do I let the bonding wire come out of the poured concrete and put the conduit next to it such that you can see the bonding wire come out of the conduit?

Something different?

thanks,
Steve

jblizzle said:
I thought the bonding wire was supposed to be in contact with the ground, not in conduit ... but this is a subject I am unclear about.

Hmm, My electrician suggested a conduit to protect the bonding wire from the concrete decking to the pool pad. Maybe that's why I can't find any info about the conduit.

Steve

Well the concrete decking around the pool needs to be bonded as well ... will it have rebar in it and is that connected to the bonding grid?

I suppose if everything that needs to be bonded around the pool is, then maybe you could run it in a conduit to the edge of the deck and then continue on through the ground.

Code calls for bare wire to be burred 4 to 6 inches below grade. Do not place in conduit.

The idea is that the bonding system will pick up any stray current in the area and make sure everything has the same level of current. In one sense its the opposite of insulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.