Tiny little red wrigglies in Pool

angela

Aug 8, 2007
Surrey England
What on earth are these tiny little red wriggly things in my pool. The water is crystal clear! They look like tiny little red worms about 1cm long. Not many - but enough to worry me.

Does anyone know what they are. If so, please tell me how to get rid of them.

Sorry,I don't know where Surrey is.

Anyhow, the little red worms could be some type of larvae coming from the trees near your pool.
Just a short time span on them; you won't see them until next year.

Like waste said, chlorine will 'get em'.

It's safe to swim! The little beasties aren't dangerous - I've never had one try to attack me :lol: If you are using bleach to chlorinate the pool, just add a little extra where you see them. Test numbers would help to know how soon after adding the bleach you are safe to swim - it's the free chlorine and cya that are important!

If you bump into her, say "HI" to the queen for me :lol:

Understand Chlorine and can test for that, waste, but not cya yet. I have been having trouble reading the coloured tab tests because I am shade blind. Waterbear has told me about a test kit I can get hold of in England that supplies a digital read out that is not too much money. I am about to go look for it on the internet and hopefully will be able to read cya and anything else I need to read.

The nearest I got to the Queen was at the Trooping of the Colours - very regal. Had my posh frock on and little white gloves. Tried to start a 'wave' in the stands but no one else would play. Sad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.