Jskiwi

Oct 24, 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have had our pool pump lid come undone twice now. Lots of wasted water and salt.

First time I was told, by our pool cleaning guy, it was back pressure from kids jumping and playing around. Check valve is in place and working on pool return.

Second time I was away and only discovered it four days after pool guy had been cleaning it. No one had been in pool

We have added four bags of salt. Salt level back to OK, but still a lot of green growing on walls.

Our pool guy is here once a week and does not close the pump lid fully (as per Pentair's instruction manual), as he says it's to hard to remove next time and the pump creates a vacuum when running.

Cartridge filter pressure; Start up= 27psi, normal running= 15psi

Any ideas on what else could be causing the lid to come undone by itself? Ways to stop it happening?

Thank you

Welcome to TFP.

The best way is to close it correctly like Pentair recommends. I don't know why the pool guy is complaining about it being hard to open. If I were you, I'd be complaining very loudly about losing all the water and chems.

There's a reason they say to be sure the pump basket lid handles should be in a particular orientation.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

My only thought was that your pool guy does not sound very good if that is what he thinks and does. Why not take control of your own pool for yourself?

BTW, if you have green on the walls you need to SLAM the pool. [slam:2yg3x2uz][/slam:2yg3x2uz]

Likely this is NOT the method that would be used by your "pool guy" to clear up the pool.

Thanks for the help.

Would love to be looking after the pool full time, but its at a holiday home in Hawaii. Could tell the wife I need to move there.

Sad thing is, the pool guy is the Pentair service rep.

Might be time for a change and figure out pool chemical stuff

Great site, thanks again

The lid should always be put on properly. The lids are not difficult to put on or remove if they are kept clean and lubricated. No amount of pool use should ever cause the pump lid to come undone.

With a salt system, the chlorine level should be easy to maintain. There should not be algae in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.