Is a heat pump the best option?

Angnjam said:
I realize that a solar blanket is ideal (other than an auto-cover, which we'd love, but the cost is hard to swallow), I just don't know how realistic it is that we would be diligent at putting it on each night! Plus, I just don't like the looks of the reels out on the pool deck and the put on and fold up the blankets is kind of a pain I've read. I'm not sure how many kWh we'd use with something like the AquaCal SQ175 if we ran it 24 hours a day for 4 months out of the year. Can anyone help me with those figures? I think we could alot about 500 kWh/month with our PV solar. Would that be enough for zip 92592? Or can someone tell me where to find that information? I'm having a hard time finding numbers for kWh for that game, let alone a calculator to help me figure it.

I answered this above. 6.4 KW/hr Kilowatt input for the SQ175 heat pump. The information is on the www.aquacal.com site

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.