Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about chlorine for my lovely wife

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about chlorine for my lovely wife

I am currently in the process of switching my pool over from baquascum (Click here to see my progress) to BBB and my wife is driving me crazy. First she was worried about how long after adding bleach can we swim and someone said 30 minutes. Now she is worried about her hair turning green from the chlorine. Do we really need to worry about that or is she just crazy?
    Nashville, TN, 24' above ground 13,500 gallons, 300lb sand filter

My Baqucrap conversion!
    starting-my-baqucrap-conversion-this-weekend-t7122.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about chlorine for my lovely wife

Hair can turn green from copper, nothing to do with bleach at all. It is unlikely you have copper in the water. Copper usually gets into the water from copper based algaecide, mineral or ionizer systems, or low PH eroding copper out of a pool heater. If none of those apply to you then there is nothing to worry about.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Question about chlorine for my lovely wife

I had to convince my wife as well. However, she was sold after seeing how nice our water looked!
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal