New Pool Build - Queen Creek, AZ (Pool Is Filled)

Apr 30, 2013
San Tan Valley, AZ
Now that it is cooler and they can remove the AC unit and it will not be 1,000,000 Degrees inside the house we are going to start our pool build :)

Pool
Builder – California Pool & Landscape
Perimeter 93'
496 sf area
Pool Size 34’ X 19’
Pool Depth 3’ X 4.5’ X 6’
50 sf Baja Step
Pebble Plus Interior - Artic

Excavation
Standard bobcat dig

Plumbing
Three water features (2 Jandy Deck Jet’s and 1 Bubbler on the Baja Step)
Wave Force Cleaning System (I have read everything about this, but I got it for free because of a promotion Cal Pools was running for Passport Discount)
Hayward SP3400VSP 1HP pump with 480 cartridge filter
Trident UV Sanitation System (This also came free)
Dedicated Suction Line For a Vacuum

Electrical and controllers
Hayward E-Command 4
Coolorlogic led

Decking
216 sf travertine
Umbrella sleeves on the Baja Steps

Extras
Wood burning Fire Pit
Safety Fence with Self-closing Gate
Paver Walkway to the Back Porch
Brick Wall Around Equipment

[center:14arlbg0][youtube:14arlbg0]0mZYSVpE7Dw[/youtube:14arlbg0][/center:14arlbg0]

[center:14arlbg0][/center:14arlbg0]

[center:14arlbg0][attachment=0:14arlbg0]Pool Pic.jpg[/attachment:14arlbg0][/center:14arlbg0]

Attachments

• Pool Pic.jpg
    Pool Pic.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 784
Re: New Pool Build - Queen Creek, AZ

We did the pool layout today. I tried to take a Time Lapse Video of the progress, I have to adjust my settings but when it comes time for the Dig I should have it just right :)

[center:36yirx2u][youtube:36yirx2u]1xmFt-5GsWs[/youtube:36yirx2u][/center:36yirx2u]

[center:36yirx2u][attachment=0:36yirx2u]Pool Layout On The Ground(1).jpg[/attachment:36yirx2u][/center:36yirx2u]

Attachments

• Pool Layout On The Ground(1).jpg
    Pool Layout On The Ground(1).jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 779

Welcome to tfp, mcanchola2 :wave:

Looking forward to your build!

I would highly doubt that you are getting the uv and floor cleaning for free (regardless of the "club" you are in). Personally, I would negotiate a lower price and get rid of them both since it will cost the installer more to put them in. The sun is a much better uv source and in-floor cleaners tend to make pools less "troublefree" imo.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Nice looking pool. I have to agree with linen. I would certainly ditch the UV system and seriously reconsider the in-floor system. While the pop-ups can work ok, one issue is that you have to run the pump at high speeds to get them to work and you have to run for long periods of time to adequately clean.

BTW, that pump is not a 1HP pump ... it is close to a 3HP pump, although it is variable speed. But your filter size appears to be nicely over-sized so that is good.

What is your plan for sanitation? Manually add bleach everyday?

Looking for "Wave Force pool cleaning" on the net is very light on information, but it seems like it may not be a in floor system...still not sure if I would pay for it, but if you had more information, we could comment.

The items were free because of the company I work for the pool builder offer us deals. I am planning to manually add the chems. Thanks for the info about the pump. It is not a pop-up cleaning system in the floor it is jets that spray the sides of the pool.

Well, I would still prefer a discount on the price without those items as opposed to getting them "free".

The UV will end up costing you money (electricity and more chlorine) for no added benefit ... Unless you just rip it out and sell it to someone else ... or tell them not to actually install it and list it on ebay or something.

Looks good! I recognize that layout! ;)

As for the wave force, you can view my build (in my sig) that talks about it. We had Cal Pools do our pool and I have been happy with the wave force. I still have to manually sweep and vac occasionally, but not nearly as much as I thought I would need to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

bacevedo said:
Looks good! I recognize that layout! ;)

As for the wave force, you can view my build (in my sig) that talks about it. We had Cal Pools do our pool and I have been happy with the wave force. I still have to manually sweep and vac occasionally, but not nearly as much as I thought I would need to.

Bryan did you get the Trident UV Sanitizer? and if yes how is it working? And yes the Design is a sweet design, I am glad I Stole it from you :)

doobs41378 said:
Looks good. Quick question, how are you going to have pool parties with that little decking around the pool? Have you considered more?

Eventually, I want to add fake grass to the rest of the area. I am paying cash for this pool and I have a strict budget and right now that is all the decking I can get :)

mcanchola2 said:
Bryan did you get the Trident UV Sanitizer?

No, we got the Parmount Ozone system. Seems to be working fine. My pool is crystal clear and I have not had one issue with algae or anything really. My CCs have never gone above .5, even after a large bather load. Of course, the SWCG is pumping out plenty of chlorine to help with that.

We would not recommend an ozone system either ... for the same reasons. Chlorine is all you need.

The only times UV or ozone are a good idea are for indoor pools with little sunlight or for very high bather load situations. For outdoor private residential pools, they are just an added cost that is not needed.

Did you consider a gas fire pit? I know up here in north Phoenix we get several no burn days, maybe Queen Creek is a little more lenient?
Cant say to much on the other areas of discussion but the previous owners took out the "ozonator", apparently it didn't do too much. I was told is was popular AZ fad in mid late 90s.

chris fox said:
Did you consider a gas fire pit? I know up here in north Phoenix we get several no burn days, maybe Queen Creek is a little more lenient?
Cant say to much on the other areas of discussion but the previous owners took out the "ozonator", apparently it didn't do too much. I was told is was popular AZ fad in mid late 90s.

when I built the house I did not do the option for a gas stub, sorta wish I did now. And I did not even think about the no burn days. I know during the summer they are pretty strict down here. But, I am planning to use the fire pit more during the winter months just for hanging out by the pool. and on the summer days that I can't burn wood and I am feeling like s'mores I can just put some charcoal in the pit and have some s'mores. or in the words of Sandlot "would I like some more of what?" lol.

The excavators came and dug a big hole in our backyard and we now have something that resembles a pool. I wanted to do a time lapse video again but, my phone is on the fritz and keeps shutting itself off for no good reason. Hopefully for the next stage I can get a time lapse video again.

[center:3m8znhis][attachment=0:3m8znhis]1391581_10151946970701250_1928467173_n.jpg[/attachment:3m8znhis][/center:3m8znhis]

Attachments

• 1391581_10151946970701250_1928467173_n.jpg
    1391581_10151946970701250_1928467173_n.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 559

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.