First time closing, two quick questions.

May 20, 2013
United States
I'm closing my pool for the first time. I have the cover on, pump and filter disconnected from each other. Water drained to below skimmer and return. My questions are:

1. Do I need to plug the return and skimmer or anything?

2. I know I need to store the pump inside, but do I need to store the multiport valve? Also, if they do, can I buy the plastic wrench that came with it? I broke mine in half just now trying to unscrew the valve. Its an ecco (waterways) sand filter.

Thanks for the help.

And by the way, this site is great! I had zero problems with my first summer owning a pool. Daily bleach and testing and I never had to do anything else to the water!! Many comments on how crystal clear the water was!

Is your pool hard piped? If so it may be a good idea to blow out the pipes, but since it's drained below the skimmer and return I wouldn't worry about plugging them.

If it is plumbed with hose just unhook the hoses at the pool.

Storing the pump inside is probably not needed where you are, but it's a good idea if you have the room for it, and it definitely won't hurt anything.

I don't know if the multiport has a "winter" setting. If it does just put it in that position and if it doesn't I'd rotate it through all the positions and then leave it filter or leave it between two positions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.