EASE OF REMOVING IGP HANDRAILS

h2ctpdjl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2008
Indiana
I know some people have a hard time removing their handrails in the fall, so thought I would post some good results I had with mine. Someone on this website mentioned using Marine Grease on the lower portions of each rail that gets inserted into the opening in the concrete. I bought some of the grease at Walmart and applied it liberally on each rail this spring, as well as on the bolt and "lever thingy" down in each opening of the concrete. This fall, removing the hand rails was a piece of cake! It worked like a charm. I highly recommend it to anyone with this problem. Sure makes things a whole lot easier and eliminates the need for the twisting, hammering with a rubber hammer, cussing, etc. Lots less stress.

I would add a caution to clean them out well and apply new grease in the spring. All the dirt that gets stuck in the grease over the winter could help bind the rails in place after a few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.