Snow/Ice build-up on cover pushes the water out the hole!

May 25, 2012
I have an above ground pool with a winter cover and pillow. Last year, I lowered the water to 4" below the input, but the issue was that as snow/ice accumulated on the cover, the weight would start pushing water out of the input hole. This wasn't really a problem until the Spring when the pool water was thawing, but there was still major ice on top that couldn't be dealt with. It resulted in the gromets starting to rip out of the cover from the pressure.

Now that I have a cover with ripped grommets (I'm sure the warranty wouldn't cover that), what can I do differently this year to prevent the water from being pushed out? Should I plug the input and skimmer holes?

Thanks

Dave

Re: Snow/Ice build-up on cover pushes the water out the hole

You can use a gizmo to plug off the skimmer, and a winterizing plug to plug off the return. Otherwise it is recommended you try and keep as much water off the cover as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.