New T-15 salt at 5,800

Jun 30, 2013
Plano, TX
I installed a new T-15 on Thursday. During late September I had added salt in response to a low salt reading of 1,700 on my Remote. The salt display has risen to 5,800 in the 48 hours since installation. Last night, I turned the Aqua Rite switch to "off." The Aqua Rite box display shows:

Power - green
Generating - green
Remote control - green
Inspect cell - flashing yellow

Is there anything else I should do to turn off the SWG - either at my remote pad or by unplugging the cell from the box?

I assume that I will have to drain some water and refill to get the salt level down. Should I do that in stages so that the water level does not get too low? Does anyone know about how long I can drain for and still be safe?

I've also seen some other threads here where some experts have said it's ok to operate the SWG at higher than normal levels. But I assume 5,800 is way too high?

Thanks!

I think I would get a second opinion unless you have good reason to believe your salt really is that high. The Aqua check salt strips seem to be reliable and could reassure you of your next step.

When the old cell started to fail, were you adding a lot of salt? If so, the only solution is to replace the water so you can get it below the maximum.

well.... wouldn't you get an error message if the unit didn't like that high a level ? if the system doesn't object, whats the downside except a little bit of a salt taste ? it will eventually sort itself out , right ?

The flashing yellow inspect cell led can mean there is an issue, but it also is set to start flashing every 500 hours of use to remind you to check and clean if necessary the cell. I would assume that it keeps track of the hours in control box, so changing the cell would not reset it. You can turn off the flashing led by holding down the diagnostic button for three seconds. If it starts flashing again soon, then it thinks it has a problem,
Mike

As the old T-15 cell got older, it started to report lower than actual salt levels. This caused you to add more salt to satisfy the box. When the cell finally failed, the salt was now too high. The failure point is usually around 5,500 to 6,500 ppm salt.

When you replaced the old cell with a new cell, the salt reading is now accurate. The box will work as long as the amps are less than 8.0. This usually means the salt has to be less than about 5,000 ppm at about 82 F. If the water is warmer, then you will have to get the salt down even more.

The "Inspect Cell" light blinks after 500 hours of cumulative cell run time. You clear it by holding down the diagnostics button for 5 seconds (as noted above). If "Inspect Cell" is lit solid, then the cell has a problem and is not working.

If the "High Salt" Led is not lit, and you're getting proper current and amps, then the cell is working. During production, the voltage will be about 23 to 26 volts and the current will be about 6 to 7.8 amps for the T-15 cell.

When you scroll through the diagnostics, the T cell type is one of the displays. Therefore, you can verify that the correct cell type is chosen. Note: Cell type is not displayed on older models.

The default display is average salt level. Pressing the diagnostics button provides the following information:

1) Temperature.
2) Voltage.
3) Current in amps.
4) Percent production selected.
5) Instant salt (Has a "-" in front of number).
6) Name Display
7) Software revision level
8) T cell type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYz7TpjfPgM

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.