Pool Solar Cover

reindeerboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
Jamestown, ND
Ok, Question for all of you. I have attached some pics of my 2 month old solar cover. Looks like the plastic is separating. My POOL GUY told me that this was a good cover. I could of gone online and bought one for 1/2 the cost, so we will test this theory now to see if he comes through for me to do something about this.

What do all of you think? All chems were in balance before I put it in my pool. I am not having any issues and its covered with a white tarp during the daylight hours when its not in the water plus I live in ND. For gods sake, it hasnt even been 80 degrees till today!

Let me hear your thoughts on this one. :twisted:

http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/

Is that a seam in the area where it appears to be separating? If so it looks like some of the "bubbles" got damaged during the "mating" process of the two halves ....

I would maybe try to get a second opinion from another pool store and see what they say. Someone here may have other ideas too or has had the same problem with theirs .

Re: Pool Solar Cover problem-Warranty?

Thanks, yes that is the case from what I can come up with. There are these same kind of bubbles where the seams come together. Like 5-6 of them and I can only imagine that it will only get worse throughout the summer. I have a call into my loca pool guy who sold me the cover, and have talked to another pool company who wont even touch it. I did send a note to the manufacturer as this is under warranty, but I would have to send a piece of it back or ship the whole thing.

That sucks. My thought is maybe the pool company could help me out in this case and see if they could swap this out for the time being for me while it is being shipped back. Its worth a try anyway.

I have never seen a solar cover do anything like this before. Its a great blue/black thermal cover. I would buy another one as it has been a really cool spring here and this things has kept my water 10-15 degrees warmer than the outside air temperture is.

Has anyone else run into anything like this and what did you do to solve it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.