Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We will be gone for a week and the pool temp will likely drop below 52 which means that the SWG will not produce chlorine (according to Pentair's documents). We will have house sitters who will keep the skimmers cleaned out but other than them having to manually dose pool with bleach while we are gone, is there any other suggestions? The other thing that can happen is that we live in an area which we can have 60/38 Hi/Low one day and the next will be 75/45. We do not plan to close or cover pool this winter. We have never added anything but bleach, baking soda and muriatic acid to our pool. We have had a perfectly balanced pool all summer thanks to this forum.

FC 3
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 80
CH 80
CYA 70
Current pool temp abt 62

Thanks for the help.

Pucks can work, just keep track of how many you use. Keep in mind for your 20000 gallon pool, each 8oz puck will add ~ 1.7 ppm cya. With your black liner, I would be very careful if you use a floater, so the it does not "park" near the wall and bleach the liner.

With that said, I would guess that the only time the swg will shut off is in the middle of the night...is it even running then?

linen said:
Pucks can work, just keep track of how many you use. Keep in mind for your 20000 gallon pool, each 8oz puck will add ~ 1.7 ppm cya. With your black liner, I would be very careful if you use a floater, so the it does not "park" near the wall and bleach the liner.

With that said, I would guess that the only time the swg will shut off is in the middle of the night...is it even running then?

I am only running during the day right now. That is a good point about the dark liner. I wonder if bringing up FC a bit before I leave since FC loss with cooler weather drops quite a bit from what I read here.

Take it to slam level and then have the keeper add a gallon or two of bleach a few days into your trip. With cooler weather your FC shouldn't drop that much each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.