New Pool and Need to know, if i need an Addtional Pump ~

blstz

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

we have size of the pool for 13 x 26 + the spa, two water spill to the pool and one water spill to the spa. there is over flow from the spay to the pool.

Now the pool come with one Pump, the builder said, here is how it works.

one you turn on the pump and the water spill future will work with you return line, you have valve to turn on or off the valve for the two water spill and one for the spa,

1: Any help would be Great. Do I need an addition Pump ?

2: Also look for the Iphone Wireless set up. what would I need ?

[attachment=0:3azhctef]3_007.jpg[/attachment:3azhctef][attachment=1:3azhctef]3_005.jpg[/attachment:3azhctef]

Attachments

• 3_005.jpg
    3_005.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 3_007.jpg
    3_007.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 44
You could do this with one vs pump. But, you won't (or probably don't want to ) run all of your sheers when running the spa. Generally you don't want to run heated water through the pool sheers. You could devise a rather complex plumbing solution that would solve this problem and use one pump, but that probably isn't worth it.

You could get a inexpensive single speed pump just for the pool sheers.

Penair, Jandy, Hayward all have pool automation. Your PB should be able to go over all of this with you.

Thank you for the reply. the pool company ask, if i want to install Two of the intelliflo variable speed pump. ( one for pool and one for the water spill ) 18" x 2 / 3 feet x 1 (water spill size)

I don't think you need an intelliflo for the water features unless you need to be able to chose which features to run & want to optimize your power consumption. In either case, I assume, you'd have valves on the features so each can be controlled individually.

I would consider a separate pump for spa jets so that you're not running all that water through filter/heater... depending on your config, it may create too much head for spa to function the way you'd want, and it'll likely reduce the expected life of your heater...

You don't need two vs pumps. If one pump is just for the sheers then that can be a single speed pump. You are not running it that much so electricity wise it is ok. If that pump is just for the sheers then a vs pump for the rest will work fine and should handle the jets. I would bet on a 1 1/2 hp would work.

You may be eligible for a rebate on the vs pump.

All the major pool automation will work with this setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.