4X Pressure to 4X Suction?

acroy

May 11, 2010
Dallas TX
Morning folks

I’ve had the Poolvergnuegen 4x Pressure unit in my 35k gunite pool for a couple years.

It does well except for not getting the fine debris/dust/dirt which flows through the bag and back into the pool, or is just not picked up. I miss my old kreepy-crawly style vacuum for only that reason, it was good at the fines.

I’m considering the 4x Suction with a large in-line leaf catcher to keep big stuff out of the filter. The pool has overhanging evergreen oak tree, so small leaves/twigs all year, and hundreds of ½” acorns for a few weeks each Fall.

The 4x Pressure does OK with the acorns, occasionally jamming, the bag fills up 2-3 times a day during these weeks.

Does the combination of 4x Suction with a big inline canister sound like a good idea? I now have a 2spd pump as well, run on high for a couple hours, Low for 10hrs. The 4X Pressure still does OK even on Low. I'd like to hear from anyone with experience on the 4X Suction with 2spd pump as well.

I built our pool (18,000 gal) around the 4X suction 5 years ago. Suction piping for cleaner, skimmer (1) and bottom drains, each have a valve to regulate suction, they all tie in before the strainer on a 1HP WFDS-4 Pentair 2speed pump. Run high 4 hours and low 8 hours daily. Never had any problems, other than an occasional jam from rocks - our landscapers weed-wack rocks into the pool sometimes. Yes, during the leaf dropping season I am cleaning the basket daily. Which is a 5 minute job. I've found frogs, snakes, worms and all kinds of other creatures in the basket (dead).

My children have pools (3) and use Polaris cleaners, they have frequent repairs and hose entanglements and that little piece of foam on the tail can be expensive after awhile.

Only maintenance, on the POOLVERGNUEGEN. is changing tires, and impeller's (once). A rock get lodged in a corner, in the housing, and wore down the impeller's, still functional but thought they should be replaced. Cost compared to the Polaris? No comparison!! 4X wins hands down.

I would definitely use the same setup again if I had to build another pool.

18k gallons - Pentair SWG, Pentair 4 cartridge filter, 1hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Suction-side

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.