Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
n00b question here.

I live in sunny Arizona where the average lowest temperature we see is 45F. Along the same lines the greenery never goes away - some plants lose their leaves but most do not.

Being in a warmer climate, I'm not sure what to do with my pool over the winter months. I don't have a pool heater but I also don't plan on swimming because I'm a sissy and only like to swim when the water is warm, warm, warm!

So what does everyone do in the warmer climates that doesn't have a pool heater?

Just shorten the pump run time and maintain the chemicals as usual. The chlorine consumption will drop down a lot as the water cools and there is less sun.

When freezing weather is expected, just run the pump at night to prevent pipe issues.

the greenery never goes away
C'mon, PK and jblizzle, the only thing green out there in AZ is the bottom light in the stoplights and some of the paint at Home Depot! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Back to your question, +1 what jblizzle said. I keep my pool open year round and simply treat it the same as summer. Naturally, the FC consumption drops off dramactically, I have to scoop leaves, and I reduce my pump run time quite a bit but the basic principles still apply....maintain adequate FC based on your CYA and keep your pool clean. Keep your test parameters within the ranges we suggest.

That palm tree close to my pool is half brown and half green. :lol:

With that said, I currently don't have a pool cover - is that worth the cost in any manner? I don't have much plant life that will shed aside from that palm tree that somewhat overhangs the pool.

Thanks for the comments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.