New Build in Oklahoma Pic Update 10/17/2013

Curtsam

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma / Arkansas
New Build in Oklahoma; Questions Updated Pics 5/7/15

Hello from Oklahoma!

Wanted to share my first pool build with everyone. I am installing a 18 x 34 Kidney vinyl liner pool with waterfall and a swg for chlorine. I will have stamped concrete decking with new privacy fence, landscape lighting, grill/bar and french doors put in behind the house.

I want to thank everyone here for the totally free and valuable information I have been reading for the last two months. Everyone here are true Ladies and Gentlemen.

Thank you in advance for questions to come in the future!

I will share more pics throughout my childhood dream process of a pool. :cheers:

Curtsam

Attachments

• 130915_0001.jpg
    130915_0001.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Re: New Build in Oklahoma

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

New pool builds are one of our most interesting subjects. We all really like the progress pics and the "story". Each one is different.

Found out how to reduce KiB's and add pics. :goodjob:

Been reading a ton of information here and ready to keep it up in the winter. Everything that I have read is that this is one of the best times to "get to know your pool" and easier to maintain.

Will share another update picture tomorrow.

Attachments

• 130915_0001.jpg
    130915_0001.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 132
Re: New Build in Oklahoma Pic Update 11/6/2013

Well,

Raining here in Oklahoma. They were suppose to finish concreting the pool tomorrow but looks like it may be Friday. Need more fill in dirt around the pool because of the slope of the yard. Got rid of all the dirt from the dig of the pool and probably will need at least 2 tons more!

It's one sloppy mess out there now! One day, One day I will be proud!!! :party:

Update pics coming with progress!

Take care,

Attachments

• 131103_0002.jpg
    131103_0002.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 100
Look's awesome. I see trees- leaves in pool.. Get the skimmers put in down wind, I should've paid more attention in that area. I put skimmer on west side it should be on south west side. Will be adding another one this winter, But ya'lls is inground very hard fix after the fact.. Enjoy. It's worth it. TFP is the best

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to show updated photos and ask a couple of questions. As you can tell from the timeline I have had major issues witht the contractor but finally just about done.

1. Is the Pool Skim worth putting in on one of my return valves to keep particals/leaves from settling on the bottom of pool? Don't want to install if it does not work good. I only have one return basket.

2. I am pretty sure I am fine with my chemicals but would like your advise if you see anything I need to adjust.

FC- 6.5
CC- 0
PH- 7.5
TA- 60
CH- 60
CYA- 70
Salt 2900

Thank you in advance TFP Team!!

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 1.jpg

Everything looks good from here. Although I'd get your TA up to around 90 or 100. Its a bit low.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It wouldn't hurt. It's like an arm that reaches out further into the pool to catch floating debris.