Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWCG kill grass?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWCG kill grass?

Hi,
    Is there enough salt in a SWCG to kill the grass around the pool?

I especially like to use the valve on top of my cartridge filter to release water to rinse my skimmer sock.

TIA,
    Steve
    -ePoolUser Steve

27'x52" AG, 16,500 gal. Aqua Trol HP SWG,
    2hp pump, 150 sqft 100GPH Cartridge Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit, Zodiac Vac
    Installed July 2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWCG kill grass?

Not normally. Usually pool water is fine for grass and most other plants. Some sensitive plants don't like it and in very arid areas salt levels can build up over years. But for the most part SWG pool water can be used to water the lawn.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hasn't killed mine yet and I drain my filter out onto the grass whenever I clean my cart (usually monthly), been doing it for several years now.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was wondering the same thing. We have had a ton of rain and my water level was above my skimmer so I drained of about 1.5 inches into my grass. I was hoping there would not be any issues, but I kept it off the plant just in case.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.