Water Balance for new plaster pool during the winter

Is there anything different I need to do or be aware of this winter in regards to water balance and care of a new diamond brite plastered pool? I will be keeping my pump continuously most of the winter. I do have a freeze protection system set up too. I will not be covering it and was wanting to know what everyone does with their pool that keep it open. Temp in the winter time does get below freezing occasionally. I was also curious if I plugged off two of my 3 skimmers would the lines freeze if it got below freezing? The water does circulate, but the farthest skimmer doesn't pull much water even with reducers on the other two skimmers. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

pH=7.5
TA=110
cH=220
CYA=30
FC=4.0
CC=0

I do have a fountain and will not run it much over the winter. Keeps jacking with my pH.

25,000 gallon pool, 1.5hp Hayward, 24-in Pentair sand filter?,

Thanks

Al

You're pretty far north in AR, so if I were going to close off the skimmers I'd put a gizmo in them at least. My preference would be to leave them open so they would flow some water, but they're probably far enough under ground that they won't freeze there anyway. Do you know you're frost level?

Since you're going to leave the pump running just maintain the levels you normally do. It'll take a lot less chlorine than in the summer and you should be able to cut the pump run time way back.

Thanks. I have a timer on the pump and when it stays cold will on set it to run at night and kick on when temp is below 40. The water doesn't flow much in the two skimmers farthest from the pump, but I think I'll just leave them open. Not sure about the frost level, but it is very rocky terrain up this way. And I'll keep FC at the minimum for my CYA level when temp drops consistently. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.