Hayward Shark vac Robot

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
Anyone have any thoughts on the Hayward SharkVac robot? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/best ... c9742/7924

I could care less if it climbs the walls, but doing a decent bottom job on leaves and acorns would be nice.

I would prefer a Dolphin since I understand they are less likely to break down in relatively short amount of time. At the moment though, I can't find one within my budget. Plus apparently, they have no warranty if purchased online, which in my opinion is just wrong and bad business sense. (I would have already bought one if not for the "no warranty" deal).

Decent reviews on Amazondotcom for this Hwayward but of course those were reviews of new ones.

Anyone have a SharkVac? I'm all about reliability. I want one that hopefully the wheels won't fall off, motor burn up or whatever else..at least within the first couple of seasons.

thanks,

I really like the Hayward SharkVac, for two main reasons. It's cheaper than the tigershark and it doesn't have that nasty bag to clean out. It uses easily rinsed filter elements. If someone offered me a free pool cleaner at no cost between SharkVac and Tiger Shark I would choose the SharkVac. I've sold a few and haven't had any break down yet. It does climb walls btw.

X-PertPool said:
I really like the Hayward SharkVac, for two main reasons. It's cheaper than the tigershark and it doesn't have that nasty bag to clean out. It uses easily rinsed filter elements. If someone offered me a free pool cleaner at no cost between SharkVac and Tiger Shark I would choose the SharkVac. I've sold a few and haven't had any break down yet. It does climb walls btw.

Thanks for your input Kevin, that makes me feel a bit more comfy about this cleaner! Especially coming from someone in the business!

So far, so good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.