Let the pool games begin!

We have WATER!!!!!!

Trucks showed up around 12:30...was supposed to be first thing this am

Looking clear....for the moment

Steps looking nice

All filled up...let the scrubbing begin

One last one.....

Question, on the scrubbing...how hard are we pushing on the brush? Is it just a lite brushing or is it supposed to be more like a scrubbing?

Thanks...haven't been in it yet because it's been a tad too chilly here an I hadn't connected the heater yet...but tomorrow looks like the day, water temp is up to 78 so that's swimming temp to me.

Also, now onto landscaping, retaining walls, paver patios.....lots of work left, easily another year or so based on funds.

Pool looks great!

No worries on the deer.....I've shot him about a 1000 times and he refuses to move.......although the wife might throw him for a dip just to drown him and get him out of the yard :D

What are you shooting? I just bought a brand new Carbon Rose from BowTech. I haven't picked it up yet but it will be a killing machine this year! :cool: I can't wait til Archery Season begins in October!!! :mrgreen: I tell hubby all the time, We interrupt this marriage to bring you hunting season! He hates it! I tell him, Do NOT eat my deer meat! lol

I too shoot Bowtech, Insanity. Awesome bows.....we ain't playing with stick and string any more ��

Wife tolerates the hunting and enjoys the meat but spending 40-60 days in the woods can wear on anybody...:.but that's why I moved on the property, nothing like walking out the back door and being in a stand in 10 minutes.

Did you get in yesterday? It was gorgeous. If you can avoid the showers this week it looks to be nice and hot! I know DW is hosting this afternoon and we had big parties the last two weekends. Ahh, summer!

Your setup looks great and I can certainly appreciate the landscaping effort involved. I'm winding that up now but I'm always tweaking things forever. How far down the hill on the back side is your fence going? We put ours at the bottom of the hill where the grade went back to the normal slope. It worked well because when you sit at the pool you don't see the fence on the far side for about a 40-50' stretch. The only bad thing it creates is a large area for balls to go when they they get overthrown or an error occurs. But I'm happy to trade that for the open feel it creates. I'm putting a lot of stepping stone pathways in the landscaping for retrieving such things.

Your large decking, especially when combined with your existing patio and new deck will create plenty of seating/viewing options. Now you can appreciate the humidity instead of cursing it. And the issues of the pool build will fade into the distant reaches of your memory as your pool time increases.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey all, so been swimming now for about 30 days and things have been pretty good. One outstanding issue is an acid bath on the plaster as it rained before they filled and it's streaked pretty bad. PB admits it needs acid bath, but wants final payment before Acid bath. Am I out of line holding final payment until everything is complete? As you will recall this build hasn't exactly gone smooth and getting responses from PB has been at times a nightmare....they are also telling me they won't be able to acid wash until after the season, maybe not until spring...I think holding back the final payment is the only option I have to ensure they come back to finish the job....Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.