Taylor or tf100 test kit availability in Australia?

Trevs

Jun 9, 2013
Hi
The persons previously good enough to import TF100's are no longer supplying. is anyone aware of either kits available here in Australia. otherwise I will have to use a forwarder:(
Thanks in advance. Trev.

Hi, Trev.

We currently have no distribution in Australia and I wish we did. I posted in another thread that I had emailed an intro letter to four of the internet pool supply sites in Australia and got not ONE reply. I was discouraged.

Darko5500 said:
Hi Trev,
... K2006 online through poolvacparts in the U.S, They have international shipping too.
D

I'll second that, poolvacparts sells the K2006-C test kit with all 60ml reagents for US$105 + US$55 shipping (AU$168 total)
Swimmingpoolspares.com.au sell the same 60ml kit for $270 :shock: (+ shipping if not in Sydney.. I'm not.)

In what realm of sanity should it be cheaper to have something airmailed to my door from the USA to Australia and it STILL save me 37% (plus more for shipping) compared to buying it in Australia!? :?

I have just ordered a Taylor K2006C ("Service size" 60ml reagents) from Amazon for the nice sum of $75(on special!)... having it shipped to family in the USA who can thankfully forward it on to me in Australia (for another $35 or so).

I'm excited about chemistry for just about the first time in my life!

duraleigh said:
Hi, Trev.

We currently have no distribution in Australia and I wish we did. I posted in another thread that I had emailed an intro letter to four of the internet pool supply sites in Australia and got not ONE reply. I was discouraged.

The thing with Australia is we are ripped off by pretty much everyone, including the pool industry. No one wants to sell these because it will encourage people to maintain their own pools properly using the BBB method saving themselves a LOT of money. The pool industry don't want this because they can't manipulate the figures and force unsuspecting pool owners into buying their products to get the pool "right". My CYA level went over 150 because of the advice I was getting they said it was fine and stupid me kept buying stuff to fix my pool which was never going to work. If people wised up, the pool industry would have a massive drop in income.

At a guess I would say the only retailers you could possibly sway would be big chain retailers (Bunnings, BIG W) and not the pool supply shops.

I'm holding out I can find a supplier for my TF-100 reagents shortly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Summer555 said:
Darn I already have the TF-100 kit and don't want to have to buy a different kit. Am I able to use some of the reagents from the K2006 or do I need to keep looking?
The TF-100 uses all Taylor reagents, so should work with your kit.

There's a pool shop near me in Adelaide that uses the Taylor kit to do their in store testing. They even say on their site that they supply reagents for people who do their own testing. Whether they mean the bog standard 4-in-1 kits I dont know. I've not investigated the costs or anything yet as I have just got a new 2006C from the USA and so have loads of reagent at the moment.

Their website is http://www.poolsupermarket.com.au

On another note, for some reason I thought that the OTO chlorine test was outlawed in Australia and so would be unlikely to get through customs, although now I can't for the life of me think why I think that, I may have read it somewhere. Hence I bought a K2006C, otherwise I probably would have bought a TF100 XL!

It would be interesting to know how many Australia based folks there are on here that would want a TF100, that would be a good start for selling it to a distributor.
Most of the pool stores in SA sell BioGuard chemicals (for the obligatory astronomical prices) and so do their testing on a strip that gets put into a machine.

Although I reckon that the price would end up being way too high, and it would be cheaper getting it mailed from the USA, a 4-in-1 kit from Bunnings is $40, so there's no way they would sell a TF100 for anything near the US price, it would be $300 I reckon!

Summer555 said:
The thing with Australia is we are ripped off by pretty much everyone, including the pool industry. No one wants to sell these because it will encourage people to maintain their own pools properly using the BBB method saving themselves a LOT of money.
It's more to do with the fact that they cost an arm and a leg to get here in small quantities, and there is not enough demand to import large quantity.

We've been selling TF-100 kits for 4 years, and I believe sold less than 50 in total. It took us about 1 year to sell the first 5.
Last year it did pick up so we sold about 30-35 kits plus some refills.

Since we stopped selling them we probably had around 10 other inquiries.

If you compare those numbers with the number of pool owners in Australia you will see that, it's not exactly a profitable venture here (at least without significant investment into marketing).

I have been trying to buy some refills in AU and so far I couldn't find any. Overseas delivery charges make it not feasible to import.
Delivery of a bottle of R871 (that costs under $10) is $45!
Any one knows Australian place that that sells them?

Pawel

p0las said:
I have been trying to buy some refills in AU and so far I couldn't find any. Overseas delivery charges make it not feasible to import.
Delivery of a bottle of R871 (that costs under $10) is $45!
Any one knows Australian place that that sells them?

Pawel

I bit the bullet and bought my refills from US. I bought enough to get me through 12 months, I hope, so I don't have to buy in bits and pieces because of the delivery costs. It'll be annoying if our Government start charging us GST on top of that.

I emailed quite a few pool shops who said they have Taylor reagents but when I told them exactly what I wanted, they all said they didn't stock it. I needed my R0870 & R0871 kind of quickly as I was just about out, so I had no choice. I also emailed several US pool companies and it seems postage is roughly the same no matter who.

I apologize for dangling a carrot out there that is not yet reachable but I am keenly aware of the need for Australian in-country access to TFTestkit and Taylor products both. I am making significant progress on that happening but simply don't have enough set in cement to tell you much more.

As you know, the pricing will not be the same because of shipping. I can assure you it will be more affordable than you might think and the subsequent shipping within your country will be reasonable as well. Refills in stock will be supported as well.

duraleigh said:
I apologize for dangling a carrot out there that is not yet reachable but I am keenly aware of the need for Australian in-country access to TFTestkit and Taylor products both. I am making significant progress on that happening but simply don't have enough set in cement to tell you much more.

As you know, the pricing will not be the same because of shipping. I can assure you it will be more affordable than you might think and the subsequent shipping within your country will be reasonable as well. Refills in stock will be supported as well.

Thats a great news! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.