Jandy PDA / iAqualink

BMzx

Oct 14, 2013
two months ago I bought a house with a pool and I'm now a pool owner for the first time. My son killed the Jandy PDA by putting it under water too many times. I see there is a Zodiac iAqualink app for the iPhone. Can I set that up to run my pool or do I have to buy some kind of electronic devices to get it to work? If so what is the price compared to the new PDA for about $300.00.

thank you

BMzx,
Welcome to TFP. Yes, you need to buy additional hardware to use the iAqualink application. The system requires an wireless internet adaptor, and depending on the age of your existing system, either a firmware upgrade or a whole new board inside your Jandy Power center box. If your system was built in 2007 or later, Jandy/Zodiac doesn't charge for the firmware upgrade. So, depending what you have, the parts range from around $330 up to about $550. Jandy/Zodiac recommends professional installation, but many of us have installed them ourselves. More info can be found at:
http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Controls/iAquaLink.aspx

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.