LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2012
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I test my spa water using the TF100 kit. I add 2 drops of first liquid then 5 drops of the green one. Water should change to green and then when I add third liquid it should change to red after few drops. The problem is when I add 5 drops of green liquid solution turn red right away.
Is that mean that TA is 0?

I was lowering the TA to about 50 as recommended in spa. So I use acid to lower pH and turn on all jets to lower TA and rise pH. In spa its a pretty quick process. So I was about 100ppm on TA and 7.8 on pH. I add acid to lower pH again and after I test water again after about an hour my pH is unknown since when I add 5 drops the solution turns yellow. I assume this is pretty low pH reading. And as I said before for TA solution turn red right away

I add acid to lower pH again and after I test water again after about an hour my pH is unknown since when I add 5 drops the solution turns yellow.
You over dosed the acid. Use 20 mule team borax to get your pH back up to normal. The TA will also come up and the TA test will react correctly.

Calculate your dosages using PoolMath found in my sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.