I goofed up big... White milky water...

Aug 30, 2013
OK. As I said in my other post; I'm a new pool owner, living in Argentina.... and I screwed up
For a reminder I have an in ground pool. It's about 13,472 gallons. Mossaic Venetian Glass Tile finishing
I have a high PH problem so I've been using Muriatic Acid. I decided to try using Dry Acid, that I used once before.
But this time I really screwed up. I dumped it in the skimmer, and had the filter on. I immediately started seeing the returns injecting milky white water into the pool. After it completely got milky and stopped shooting out milky white water, I backwashed. But now I have a milky white water pool!
I want to punch myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alright in Argentina, I can't get a good test kit, until I travel to the States. I can only do the traditional Chlorine and PH tests with drops... I have a PH 7,5 and Chlorine 2...
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I do? Last night I added clarifier, and this morning it's even more white and milky the water...
Suggestions??????

About all you can do is keep running the pump 24/7. If you are getting sediment on the bottom, brush the pool to keep it in suspension so the filter can clear it.

This is why I never suggest putting in a floc/coagulant "clarifier" until you know what it will do. It might not hurt to let the pump.stay off, then see if it settles and then try to vac it up. May not work, but it is an option if filtering doesn't work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.