Are these safe?

If you are asking if you can use the 12.5% bleach in your pool, absolutely. Depending on price, it is the most desirable chlorinator we can suggest.

Depending on your water balance you quite likely do not want to use the Sodium Bicarbonate. (Baking Soda)

With a 4400 gallon pool however......I'm not sure I'd bother with storing that large amount of chemicals. A gallon of store bleach will last you some time in your pool. Often those 5gallon carboys are a pain to work with.....and with your size of pool I wouldn't bother. Add 2 cups bleach a day and go swimming!

But they are safe. :D

I don't know if they do make different strengths, but I can't tell you if you will ever even need any of it. You would never use enough of the bleach to justify getting a 55 gallons drum of it, especially 12.5%... and that is what those are. A 55 drum would go weak before you used much, and they are a bear to handle.

What I plan on doing is carrying around a couple of gallon jugs and then filling them when I can. I have a 5 gallon container with a spigot and I will just put them in there. I think as long as things are good I use about 1 gallon a week so next year chloro is free!

On a side note they also have 200 grain vinegar which I have been using in place of weed killer. It has similar results to round up but does not last as long. 1 gallon of vinegar, 2 cups of salt, and 2 tablespoons of dish soap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
By the time you handle the liquid chlorine multiple times and risking getting bleach damage on clothing, car interiors etc. I can't see this being worthwhile. It seems like too much time, trouble and risk of damage.

+1 what jamesW posted. One spill on virtually any fabric and your savings is wiped out. Liquid chlorine is the closest to perfect product for any pool.......handling it is it's biggest drawback.

Work truck and work clothes. I have storage in the back of my truck that is small buckets secured in my bed. 2 are empty and they are the right size for the gallon jugs. When I am at the places that use the chlorine I am around it all day. So keeping it off of my clothes has become a priority. Everyday I run the risk of getting it on my clothing so potentially ruining the clothes is just part of the job. The advantage is I can get it for free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.