Coping/Liner Replacement 1977 Sylvan Vinyl Liner Inground

Jul 4, 2013
Bethesda, MD
Anybody out there who has renovated a late 70's era Sylvan Vinyl Liner Pool? I am wanting to replace the vinyl liner and coping and would appreciate any advice on how to successfully remove the old aluminum coping. The last time I replaced the liner (13 years ago) the pool company installed a liner track under the old coping. Visually it looks OK, but for about 3 inches or so below the bottom of the coping the liner is not flush with the wall, making it more susceptible to tears and punctures. My thought is that the only way to have the liner completely flush with the wall is to remove the old coping and replace with new coping. My biggest concern is how much I will have to rip up the pool deck to remove the old coping as the pool deck cement goes right up to the coping.

Any examples of renovating a late 70's Sylvan pool would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Coping/Liner Replacement 1977 Sylvan Vinyl Liner Ingrou

Welcome to tfp, robsoldpool :wave:

Your analysis seems to makes sense to me, but I do not have direct experience. Hopefully someone who does will respond soon :whip:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.