Need advice on equipment - Hayward or Jandy

zhenya

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
We are in a process of updating our pool. It would include installation of a salt chlorination and some automation.

I was planning on going with Hayward Aqua Plus system in combination with their Sense & Dispense unit with a pH acid automatic dispenser.

My builder is pushing a Jandy system claiming that they are a better quality.

I can't seem to find an equivalent system for Jandy and those components that I do find are a lot more expensive.

My two questions are: is Jandy worth the extra expense over Hayward and if so what are the equivalent Jandy parts that will allow me to achieve the same level of automation.

I'd have to look at the Hayward prices but not really sure about them since I have all Jandy equipment myself.

What I can tell you is the Jandy iAqualink that I have is a fully automated system. I have my SWG hooked to it, the heater, the Led lights can be controlled with it along with a variable speed pump. You can also use it to control other lights like landscape lights or exterior lights.

I use the automation part of it fairly heavily. I love it personally. I dont have a an automatic liquid dispenser. But I know I Jandy makes one, called the Watermatic.

Let me know if you have questions on the Jandy side, I can try to answer what I know.

Dixit

I have the Salt Water Chlorine Generator (its the Aquapure Ei system listed in the signature). That basically the Salt Cell and Power Unit.

I mentioned the Watermatic because you were talking about an automated liquid injection system for your MA. That Watermatic will do that as it can be used for Chlorine and/or MA liquid injection. I believe this is the same as the Hayward Sense and Dispense (again Im not into Hayward so cant fully say for sure). I don't use the Watermatic since my pH goes up fairly slowly, I only have to add about 1/2gal of MA about every week or so. I was able to get it down to that level once I got the Borates into the pool to help buffer the pH rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.